Here are my answers to this week’s questions. After you read them, you’ll find out how to participate.
- What is your phone screensaver at the moment? I don’t have a smart phone, but I have a pretty smart candy bar phone. It doesn’t have a screen saver.
- What is currently on your playlist? (list top 5) The top five songs on my playlist are: “I Want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You” from The Mask of Zorro, “I Could Fall in Love” by Celina, “Oh Pretty Woman” by Roy Orbison, “Through the Eyes of Love,” the theme from Ice Castles by Melissa Manchester, and “True Love by Patsy Cline. These were all included on a cassette of love songs my late husband Bill sent me after he proposed. You can read more about that in My Ideal Partner.
- What are your last three internet searches? While working on a review of Me and Patsy Kickin’ Up Dust, I searched for pages about Loretta Lynn, Patsy Cline, and Dolly Parton. My review of this book will go live here Thursday. So, stay tuned.
- What is your favorite sandwich filling? I love tuna salad but don’t eat it often. I don’t always want to take time to make it and don’t go out often, thanks to the pandemic, although some restaurants are opening now. Not many of them have tuna salad sandwiches on their menus.
- What is one staple item all men should own? Razor blades. If I had a dollar for every time Bill’s chin was stubbly, especially after he had his strokes and couldn’t shave on his own…
Bonus: If you couldn’t be convicted of any one type of crime, what criminal charge would you like to be immune to? I’m a goodie two-shoes. I don’t kill. I don’t steal. I don’t do drugs. I don’t even jaywalk if I can help it. So, if I commit a crime, I deserve to be punished.
Now, it’s your turn. To learn how to play TMI Tuesday, click here. Alternatively, you can answer any or all the questions in the comment field below. Any way you do it, I look forward to reading what you have to say. Thank you for stopping by today.
New! The Red Dress
Copyright July 2019 by DLD Books
When Eve went to her high school senior prom, she wore a red dress that her mother had made for her. That night, after dancing with the boy of her dreams, she caught him in the act with her best friend. Months later, Eve, a freshman in college, is bullied into giving the dress to her roommate. After her mother finds out, their relationship is never the same again.
Twenty-five years later, Eve, a bestselling author, is happily married with three children. Although her mother suffers from dementia, she still remembers, and Eve still harbors the guilt for giving the dress away. When she receives a Facebook friend request from her old college roommate and an invitation to her twenty-five-year high school class reunion, then meets her former best friend by chance, she must confront the past in order to face the future.
5 thoughts on “TMI Tuesday June 9 2020”
Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, and Patsy Cline: now THAT’s country!
For years, I shaved with a safety razor, then I couldn’t find blades, so I went with disposables. I finally found razor blades at Amazon, so I tried going back to the safety razor, and cut myself to shreds. Finally, I gew a beard. I have also had a stroke and it affected the right side of my body, so I was trying to shave left-handed…
LikeLiked by 1 person
John, I’m sorry you had such trouble with razors. Bill’s stroke affected the right side of his brain. So, he was trying to shave right-handed, which wasn’t easy for him. Thank you for commenting.
Absolutely. I love tuna salad, and all men should definitely own razor blades. I enjoyed reading your answers.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you, Crystal. I appreciate your comment.