Thanks to Perfectly Imperfect for nominating me for the Liebster Award. This is one of those chain reaction things where I must answer ten questions and then think of ten more questions for bloggers I nominate and then nominate ten blogs with less than 200 followers.
Here are my answers to ten questions posed by Perfectly Imperfect. You can visit this blog at https://perfectlyimperfect05.wordpress.com/ .
- How would someone describe your blogging style? I don’t know. No one has ever described my blogging style. I would call it “anything goes” since I blog about whatever I want.
- What do you do when you’re not working on your blog? I do a lot of things. I’m a writer so that’s my first priority. Right now, I’m working on a memoir about how I met and married my late husband Bill and then took care of him for six years after he suffered two strokes. When I’m not writing, eating, or sleeping, I work out at the YMCA, take walks, attend writers’ group meetings and other fun activities, and sing in a women’s group called Just Harmony.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I don’t want to live anywhere else but where I am right now, Sheridan, Wyoming. My family moved here in 1973. In the 1980’s, I went away to school but came back and have lived here ever since. It’s my home, and I wouldn’t dream of leaving, even though the winters can be harsh.
- What is your favorite thing about your career? I don’t have a favorite thing about my career. Although some aspects of writing can be tedious, I like it all: crafting the story, poem, or memoir, editing, revising, promoting, and I love doing it with the computer. How did writers do it in the good old days? It must have been maddening, typing all those drafts.
- What is your proudest accomplishment? I published three books: a novel and two poetry collections. It was not only my proudest moment but my late husband Bill’s as well when my first book came out. He said, “My wife, the published author.” If I had better vision, I would have appreciated the shit-eating grin on his face.
- What makes you laugh the most? A lot of things make me laugh: jokes, funny noises, things people say. I can’t define one thing that makes me laugh the most.
- What motivates you to work hard? Well, now that Bill is gone, I suppose I’m motivated by how proud he would be if I were to publish another book, even if he’s in it.
- What is the best gift you’ve been given? I guess the best gift I received was from Bill, a new Dell desktop PC in 2005 soon after we were married. He always supported my writing endeavors and wanted me to have the best technology available. Since he once owned a computer store, he knew exactly what to get me.
- Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go without for a day? I can’t think of anything I couldn’t go without for a day. I need it all. Heaven help me if I’m marooned on a deserted island.
- If you could share a meal with four individuals, living or dead, who would they be? That’s a no-brainer: my husband, my father, my mother, and my brother. The only one living is my brother.
Now, here are ten questions for the bloggers I nominate.
- If you were to win a million dollars, what would you do?
- If you could be any animal, what would it be?
- What is your favorite food?
- What kind of music do you like?
- What do you like to blog about most?
- What is your greatest ambition in life?
- What is your favorite pastime?
- Have you ever wanted to fly like a bird?
- If you could meet a character from a novel or television show, who would that be?
- What kinds of books do you like to read?
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award. These aren’t in any particular order.
Writing Life Stories http://www.profilesandpedigrees.blogspot.com/
Washington State Poet Laureate http://wapoetlaureate.org/
Notes from a Western Life https://windbreakhouse.wordpress.com/
Younger Than That Now http://allysonmwhipple.com/
Alice Osborn http://aliceosborn.com/
MS Caregiver Sharing http://mscaregiverdonna.wordpress.com/
The Creative Words of James Harrington http://jamesharringtoncreativeworks.wordpress.com/
Order That’s Life from Finishing Line Press.
Order That’s Life from Amazon.